Pop Culture League Challenge: House of Wax




The local Wax Museum is having a fire sale and you have the opportunity to add a life-size, life-like action figure to your collection. Who do you choose? 

I think the answer is pretty obvious for my wife, my son and I with this one. We have always enjoyed the many movies of this particular actor and I can safely say in unison that my geeky family and I wouldn’t mind to have the Governator in our collection room! 





Ok, setting all Republican/Democrats jokes aside….. 



First of all, the man’s a screen legend. I’ve loved his acting since I first watched his Hercules in New York movie even if many critics hated it. Then there were Twins, Predator, Commando, Kindergarten Cop, Total Recall, Last Action Hero, the Terminator films etc. Seriously, I can’t choose which version of 1:1 scale Arnold Wax-enegger I’d rather have for the toy room. One day I’d want him in his dark sunglasses holding his shotgun while other days I’d also want to see him in his Jack Slater getup or his Dutch Schaeffer look. 




In fact, Arnie was the one that my family and I really really wanted to bring home when we visited Madame Tussaud in Tokyo 3 months ago!


What can I say. The man is truly an embodiment of the modern cinematic culture for many of us. Your choice may vary but no one can deny that Arnie is certainly up there with the rest of the best! 



Read the rest of the entries by other bloggers over at the Cool and Collected page here.

Comments