Reflecting on the life of a toy collector….




Here are a few thoughts I had on my hobby and life-long interest while I took the train to work this morning. 

Sometime back, during one of my end-of-year rant, I made myself a promise that I’d reduce my purchases of the higher end collectibles and limit myself to only buying action figures from the 6” scale aka my favorite scale. This resolution is not only more economical to a typical wage-earner like yours truly but it just made much sense for my toy habit in the long run. Today I am proud to tell everyone that I only buy a sixth scale figure eg Hot Toys and such, once in a blue moon. 

On the hindsight, I suddenly find myself buying 6” action figures on a consistent basis these days. Too frequent I should say! Ain’t my fault really. There are simply too many cool stuff available for me to choose from right now. Hahah. 

Which brings me to the subject of toy blogging. 

Gradually, my blog postings have become more regular these days. Not as regular as the days of yore but it is making me write every other day so that’s a positive sign. I kinda got inspired the other day when I read an excerpt of an interview with Stephen King that he makes it a point to write every single day. He does it religiously even if the writings do not make sense or eventually make their way to the dustbin. Go figure. 

I write almost anywhere. Sometimes I do it when I do my business in the cubicle, or when I decide that I’m too lazy to go out for lunch at the office, but these days I find myself writing mostly during my late night coffee rendezvous at home or on my android writing app during my home-to-office to and fro train trips. 

But I digress. This isn’t a post about ‘writing 101’. 

Some of you may say that the blog isn’t updated as much as I say it should be and that is true as well. You see, I have several posts ready already but I don’t seem to have much time these days to actually post them and upload the corresponding pictures for them. 

On another note, I will soon have another guest writer for the blog. This has been in the works for quite some time now. What’s unique about this upcoming writer is that he’d be writing about his toy experience from down under i.e. from the Land of Oz! The “Rebel Legion of Writers” is gonna hit full swing soon (yup I know, 2 writers do NOT make a ‘Legion’ but I am trying my best to get more writers contributing their piece on the blog soon so keep an eye out for that). 



Till then. 

Comments