New poster for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story


First of all, I’m rather confused here. When they say ‘new’ poster does that mean that this would be ‘the’ official poster for Rogue One? I, for one, do not really mind that a film from my favorite franchise brand looking like a promo leaflet for a tropical Club Med vacation village spot as long as the story kicks ass when I get to see it later in December ’16. 

Anyway…… 

I guess it’s time to turn to an equator-tropic-climate like planet for this installment of Star Wars. If you haven’t noticed already, Star Wars films are laden with single-climate planets so I’m gonna go out on a limb here when I say that ‘I bet that the whole darn planet looks like a tropical Club Med-like (think Kamino=water, Mustaffar=lava, Tatooine=sand, etc.) tourist destination’ because the poster is screaming just that. 

If you take the time to properly look at the poster, you get to see that silhouette of the huge Death Star towering over everything else (we get it, Rogue One is about the metal planet). I personally love the image of the Stormies running through the sea water from the other side of the gulf (?) as they’re about to collide with the Rebel forces running on the beach towards them. 

Nevertheless I think those X-Wings flying in the sky above (presumably they were the ones who caused the fire at the right-hand corner of the poster?) needs some TIE Fighters to go along with them for balance. 

I think in its simplicity, the poster does its job well. Would I want this on my wall? Now that is a different question altogether because truthfully I’d rather have a poster with a mixture of visual between the main characters and perhaps some space vehicles flying at the top with the Death Star looming eerily at the background. 

What are your thoughts?

#starwars #rogueone #deathstar #xwing #rebel #rebellion #theempire #imperial #darthvader


Comments