Some geeky stuff acquired throughout the weekend....

Work commitments kept me from attending a local collector toy fair yesterday. I knew I had to go all out on Sunday to make up for loss time on Saturday.....haha. Seriously, my son did me a great deal of help when he recognizes the new TMNT movie toys from a mile away (figure of speech) aka some distance away from the TRU entrance. Already have the Turtles from the first movie so I skipped them this time around. Shredder was some wimpy dude in black pyjamas (where the heck was his armour/spikes???) the foot soldier was....*meh* so these two was an easy pass. But I couldn't pass up the chance to snag possibly the best Kraang made for the 5" scale line. Bebop and Rocksteady were kinda a 'must' purchase since Kraang was comin' home with me. Casey Jones....well, do you really need any reason to get Casey Jones?!

#tmnt #teenagemutantninjaturtles #outoftheshadows #actionfigures #bebop #rocksteady #caseyjones #kraang #playmatestoys #geekshavethemostfun


To be clear, I am foremost a Star Wars fan first rather than a fan of Disney or Hasbro. Call it whatever, but when a good bootleg Star Wars merchandise pops up once in a while you just can't ignore 'em. Gotta thank my future bro-in-law for getting these during his working trip overseas recently. I love the designs. Simple and very cleanly done I must say! 'Nuff said.
#darthvader #stormtrooper #keychain #starwars
Got those 5" Batman and The Joker from the Batman Animated Series line. As the series took place sometime during the early 90s, these are now considered vintage. You can imagine the look on my son's face when I told him that the pair were probably more than 20 years old and they were surprisingly offered at a low price (okay so we kinda know the store owner at this particular flea market!) to my son. Later we almost purchased a used Batmobile from the same toyline from another favourite toy-pusher of ours but I managed to refrain myself, citing that I'd need more time to commit into such a pricey affair (hey, it's a 20-year old vintage). 

I got myself a brand new Earth One: Batman tradepaperback from a bookstore (finally) after only finding the hardcover version on their shelves for the past several months. Used up my accumulated loyalty points which I completely forgotten about so all in all I only had to pay a fraction of the retail price. Good deal indeed.

Son is happy. Father is happy. What a great geeky day!

#todayshaul at the #fleamarket #batmantheanimatedseries #batman #joker #geoffjohns #earthonebatman #tpb #geekshavethemostfun

Comments