Bane from the New Batman Adventures animated TV series.....

The New Batman Adventure - Bane

Batman: The Animated Series (BTAS) was among the best superhero animation series that has ever grazed our television sets during its run in '94-95. It was a very confused time for yours truly as I was coping through the challenges of pre-adulthood and the passing away of my late father. Toys, comics and action figures were the last things on my mind at the time as I went on a soul-searching mode. Inevitably this had caused me to leave my humble collection of action figures and comics at the time to collect dust rather than being majestically displayed out in the open.


Amidst the confusion, there was that superb superhero series that got me glued to my television set for all of its 85 episodes.  Technically when BTAS ended its run, fans had to wait for another 2 solid years before the 'continuation' resumed in the form of The New Batman Adventures (TNBA).  The characters if  I can properly recall, wore different suits and get ups than the ones they wore in BTAS. Bane here is no exception. I remembered him having the skull face in BTAS and in TNBA he looked more like a character from Nacho Libre.

The New Batman Adventure - Bane

The New Batman Adventure - Bane

Fittingly, my son has taken quite a fancy for Bane. He loves every version of Bane and is currently on a personal mission to get as many action figures of the masked villain for his collection.

The New Batman Adventure - Bane

I never really intended to collect the line though I came very close into snagging Batman and Robin and possibly the Joker too for my display shelf. Hesitated on picking up Harley Quinn because I know it's gonna be such a pain to backtrack and find the Joker (hey, I'm OCD like that!).

The New Batman Adventure - Bane

Bane comes with 4 pairs of interchangeable hands. That's right, you get to swap his hands for every imaginable scenarios you might think off. 

The New Batman Adventure - Bane
The New Batman Adventure - Bane

Apart from that a display stand is also included complete with a claw-grip mechanism for that extra security should you fear your figure toppling over. Extra hands and display stand....do all of these scream Hot Toys to you? Great to see many 6" and 7" action figures loaded with tonnes of greeblies these days.

The New Batman Adventure - Bane
The New Batman Adventure - Bane
The New Batman Adventure - Bane

Aesthetic wise I totally dig that wire which connects his hand to the back of his head. This is supposedly how he 'distributes' his venom drug/serum to enhance his physical appearance before he bashes Batman's brains out.

The New Batman Adventure - Bane
The New Batman Adventure - Bane
The New Batman Adventure - Bane

Bane's articulations are pretty awesome too. I think the rest of the figures from the line share the same superb articulations and this is rather unusual because previous DC Direct/DC Collectibles figures aren't known for such things.

Seriously, Bane here can even do a 'split' with such ease.

With most 6" or 7" action figures costing USD20 or more, having to pay USD25 for Bane seemed ludicrous at first but your doubts will soon taper down once you see/feel the sheer size of the figure.

The New Batman Adventure - Bane

Of course you can't have a photoshoot of Bane without re-enacting how he broke the Bat! Well, sort of. He's kinda hard to stand on his own, understandably because of his match stick legs. Hence his stand came in very handy for this shoot. I don't have an animated Batman for this shoot but I guess the Superfriends version will do!

The New Batman Adventure - Bane

Now it makes me want to go out and get the rest of the figures from the line. Still thinking about it.

Comments